You’re invited to join our free webinar on Commercialising Low Carbon Fertiliser
Synthetic fertilisers account for a considerable 1.4% of annual global CO2 emissions.
This 50-minute digital dialogue will look at how food retailers, processors, and farmers can overcome some of the obstacles standing in the way of commercialising low-carbon fertiliser by using an end-to-end value chain approach, developed by the European Green Hydrogen Acceleration Center (EGHAC).
What are the principal drivers and inhibitors in the shift to low carbon fertiliser? Why is now the right time?
Question that will be addressed:
- Are there enough locations with enough renewable energy and water to produce green hydrogen for use in fertiliser production?
- For low carbon fertiliser to be commercially viable, the ‘green premium’ needs to be kept to a minimum. How should any cost increases be shared across the value chain?
- What technology challenges still need to be solved to make low carbon fertilisers a scalable reality?
- How long will it take for low carbon fertilisers to reach a scale where they can be produced and sold at a competitive price?
- What will the impact be on the end-consumer? Will demand from consumers for ‘greener’ food help accelerate the shift?